Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Food Corner: Chocolate Pudding


I know I am supposed to be writing a post from the
writing challenge, but I haven’t found an exceptional time-slot between the exams. I want to do a good job on it. However, I do have time to make a short post about another adventure in the kitchen.

I present to you… Chocolate Pudding!

Everyone I know loves chocolate. Well, except for my sister. She doesn’t like many sweet foods. Bizarre kid.

Anyway, pudding is one of the few things I know how to make. I know I have written about making green pudding before so you may be thinking: what’s the deal? The big deal is that it’s CHOCOLATE (a chocoholic statement).

The method for making this chocolate pudding isn’t different from that of the green pudding I had made before. You just mix the chocolate flavored jelly powder with sugar and water (you can add milk, coconut milk, or melted chocolate), then heat it up until it boils. I like to use some bread strips on the base of the pudding because it gives the pudding a richer taste and also makes it looks interesting. So I just tear up some white bread and decorate the base of my jelly mold (in this case I used a regular mini lunchbox) with it. Then I pour the hot jelly mix on top of it. I let it cool a bit then I chuck it in the fridge. About an hour later, it is ready to be served.

Here is a picture of my chocolate pudding:

100420121006

I didn’t cut it very well (laughs). Oh well. At least it tastes good.
For this pudding I used
Nutrijell jelly powder mix and Sari Roti white crust-less bread.

clip_image002

clip_image003

This is not an ad clip_image004. I am just really proud of these two Indonesian products. They taste great, have high quality, and are affordable. However, it is an affirmative statement towards supporting Indonesian products. I hope that both the producers and consumers will have a higher awareness towards the improvement of the domestic industry. Go Indonesia!

clip_image005

4 comments:

  1. Hmm..Yummy..send it to me..it makes me hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. makasi... salam kenal juga!! ;) I have visited ur blog. It's very cool ;) Hello for Sumbawa!

      Delete