Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Mom’s Food Corner: Tofu and Mushroom


It’s been a while since I have made another post for this blog. Thus, the amount of views has been rather neglected and I feel guilty for being a disappointment to any viewers out there who may have been expecting another post (I hope).

Anyway, I will write about more food now. This time, it’s my mom’s dish again, not mine (thank goodness ;p). I forgot what it’s called, exactly (sorry Mom!). I think it’s “Tumis Jamur dan Tahu dengan Saus Tiram”. In English, it’s roughly translated to “Mushroom and Tofu Stir-Fry with Oyster Sauce”.

16122011756

Mushroom is also one of my favorite food. I think mushrooms have a unique taste; a cross between meat and green vegetables. That’s why I have difficullty sometimes in deciding what I should eat it with. However, I assure you, tofu and mushroom are a great combination. Tofu is kind of strange too, don’t you think? For me it’s a cross between vegies and cake. Laughs.

Anyway, I think Mom has made another masterpiece with this dish. All the unique ingredients mash up into a rich taste of different textures. Accompanied by the thick sauce, and complemented with an assortment of spices, it will create a siesta inside your mouth!

Care to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment