Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Flair for Fashion: My Sister’s Debut

My sister Kiky loves taking pictures, posing, smiling – the works. She is also photogenic, which further contributes towards her instinctive ability to make a pretty picture. Therefore, I am granting her indirect wish to promote herself here on my blog.

The other day, we bought some new scarves and other items for Muslimah wear at a store called ABABIL. It is located in Gejayan, Yogyakarta alongside an array of traditional restaurants. At the store, we purchased some items we haven’t tried before like a “ciput ninja” (an accessory worn under the scarf to securely cover the hair) and a pashmina.

We brought them home and experimented. In turns, we tried on the “ciput” and pashmina. We turned and twisted the pashmina in various shapes around our heads but didn’t get any look that could satisfy our tastes. My sister was better off than I was. At least the shape of her head was much more suited for the style. It’s round and kind of heart shaped. As for me, I looked like an oddly misshapen egg (laughs). My face is longer, sort of oval, which rather plagues me when I want to experiment with new styles. That’s why I didn’t try out this new trend sooner.

Anyway, we got fed up with the pashmina. I started to experiment with the scarves we bought. At the store, they call it “kerudung KJP” which looks similar to “kerudung paris”. The difference is in the material. It is thicker and less see-through compared to that of “kerudung paris”.

I chose green and purple to match with some of the outfits I have at home. They cost only Rp10.000 which I think is a reasonably fair and rather cheap price for the scarf. Then again, most of the items at the store were fairly affordable.

So we tried out some new styles by combining the different colored scarves over the black under scarf. Personally, I was inspired by the beautiful Hana Tajima and a new friend I met at the mall recently. I must say, my sister and I are quite happy with the result.

20012012818

Isn’t it cute? ^-^ We tried to incorporate many different atmospheres or moods into the style. We wanted it to be feminine, fun, creative, and of course modest.

No, I am not opting to make a fashion blog yet. Nor am I confident enough to post pictures of myself (yet, haha) to share the styles. I prefer to utilize my sister. However, I am looking forward to getting creative and showing the results on my blog.

Kindly show us your support by liking this post!

2 comments: